If you are in a hurry, then prepare the scone dough and flatten it with your hand straight on the greased baking tray to save rolling it out.
- 1 medium cooking apple
- 225 g wholemeal flour
- ½ tsp salt
- 3 tsp baking powder
- 50 g butter or margarine
- 50 g soft brown sugar
- About 150 ml milk
- A little milk
- 1 tbsp demerara sugar
1. Peel, core and finely chop the apple.
2. Put the flour , salt and baking powder into a bowl.
3. Rubin the butter or margarine, then stir in the sugar and chopped apple. Add the milk and mix to form a soft but not sticky dough.
4. Roll out on a floured surface to a 5 mm/ ¼ inch thick round.
5. Place on a greased baking tray and mart into eight wedges.
6. Brush the top with milk and sprinkle with demerara sugar.
7. Bake in a moderately hot oven for 20-25 minutes.
8. Serve warm with butter.