- 100 g crunchy peanut butter
- 100 g butter of margarine
- 100 g castor sugar
- 75 g soft light brown sugar
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 225 g self raising flour, sifted
- 40 salted peanuts
1. Lightly grease 2 baking trays.
2. Cream the peanut butter, butter or margarine and sugars until very soft , light and fluffy.
3. Gradually beat in the eggs , then stir in the flour to make a fairly soft dough.
4. Roll the dough into 40 small, evenly sized balls.
5. Place on the prepared baking trays and flatten each ball slightly with the prongs of a fork.
6. Press a peanut in the centre of each biscuit.
7. Bake the cookies in a moderate oven for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown.
8. Using a palette knife, carefully remove the cookies from the trays and transfer them to a wire rack to cool completely.