- 1 cup all-purpose flour, sifted
- 1 cup finger millet meal
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 eggs, beaten
- ½ cup fresh cream
- ½ cup milk
- 1 tbsp cappuccino powder or coffee
- 1 tbsp cocoa powder
- ¼ cup melted butter
- ¼ cup sugar
- Preheat oven to 375 F/ 190 degrees C/ gas mark 5.
- Thoroughly grease and flour a 9″ x 9″ baking pan (or use a nonstick baking pan or a flexible silicone pan).
- Sift together the flour, millet, baking powder and salt.
- Combine milk and coffee powder together and whisk.
- Combine the milk, butter, eggs, sugar, and fresh cream.
- Add the liquid ingredients to the dry ones. Add the cocoa powder and mix just until the flour is moistened, no more than 10 to 15 seconds. The batter should be visibly lumpy- leave it that way! It’s extremely important not to over-mix the batter.
- Once the liquid and dry ingredients have been combined, pour the batter into a prepared tin and bake the bread immediately for 45 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the centre of the bread comes out clean and the edge of the bread starts to separate from the pan.