Looking for a healthier treat to satisfy those afternoon cravings? Look no further than this Zucchini Chocolate Bread. It tastes identical to regular chocolate bread, but sneaks in heart-healthy zucchini and rich coconut. Kids and adults alike will go crazy over this decadent treat.
- 2 Tbsp coconut or vegetable oil, plus additional for greasing
- 2 eggs
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- ½ cup carrot-orange juice
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup toasted, unsweetened coconut
- 3 Tbsp cocoa powder
- 1 ¼ tsp baking soda
- ¾ cup/6 oz sugar
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 ½ cups grated zucchini
- ½ cup finely chopped semi-sweet chocolate or chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Grease a 9×5 inch loaf pan.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the sugar, oil, eggs, vanilla and carrot-orange juice.
- Stir in the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt until well combined. Stir in the zucchini and chocolate.
- Pour into the prepared pan. Bake for about 50 minutes or until a skewer inserted comes out clean.
- Let cool before slicing. Sprinkle over with coconut flakes.