Pecan Cake Bars are among the most requested thing in the contemporary cuisines of many countries of the planet. There is a great amount of their variations, but we would like to present you the most typical one.
But, please, be careful, if you try to cook it once, you will want to do it again and again. Aren’t you afraid of this? No? – Let’s start then.
List is required products:
All in all the ingredients can be divided into main groups: those, which should be necessary for the perfect crust obtaining and the components that will help us to get the unforgettable topping.
- 20 g of butter. It is recommended to choose unsalted one. You will need it in softened state;
- ⅔ cup of brown or ordinary sugar;
- 2⅔ cups of ordinary flour;
- ½ teaspoon of salt
- ½ glass of softened and unsalted butter;
- 1 cup light brown or ordinary sugar;
- ⅓ cup of common honey;
- 2 tablespoons of thick cream;
- 2 glasses of chopped pecans.
Begin to cook
- First of all you have to preheat your oven up to 170 degrees Celsius. After that take the appropriate frying pan and cover it with special foil paper. Mind, please, that this paper should overlap the sides of the frying pan for 2 inches from all the sides.
- First of all combine your butter with brown sugar. And whisk everything up to the fluffy condition. You can use mixer with special heads for this purpose. Add flour and salt there. Mix to homogeneous mass. You see, your product shouldn’t have any crumbs.
- Put all the components into the frying pan and bake for 20 minutes until the golden crust appearance.
- While the main part is baking, we should prepare the filling. For this purpose you should take brown sugar, thick cream and honey and combine them in a saucepan. Put everything onto a medium fire and stir all the time. The mixture has to be prepared for 1 minute not much, and only after that the chopped pecans are added.
- Take the crust from the oven and pour the pecan filling over the crust. Mind that you should spread everything to cover the entire surface.
- After that return the frying pan into the oven again and bake for another 20 minutes.
- Remove the frying pan and let your dish to become cool inside the frying pan.
- With the help of the foil, remove the content and cut it into pieces.