- 4 chicken joints
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 2 tsp garam masala
- ½ tsp ground ginger
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 2 tbsp tomato puree
- Salt and pepper
- 150 ml natural yogurt
- 50 g/2 oz butter or margarine
(15 minutes, plus overnight marinating, cooking time: 25-30 minutes)
1. Remove the skin from the chicken joints.
2. Place the chicken in a glass or earthenware dish.
3. Mi together the remaining ingredients, except for the butter or margarine.
4. Pour the marinade over the chicken, cover and chill overnight.
5. Remove the chicken from the marinade and dot with the butter or margarine
6. Grill the chicken, turning and basting with the marinade frequently, for 25-30 minutes or until the chicken juices run clear when the joints are pierced with the point of a sharp knife.
7. Serve immediately with boiled rice, garnished with lemon wedges and a parsley sprig, and a mixed salad.