It’s full of Caribbean flavors, a little spicy, sweet and super easy to make on grill or in the oven. Just a great balance of sweet, salty and spice. You will LOVE it!
- 1 habanero, seeded and chopped
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons fennel seed
- 2 teaspoons cayenne pepper
- 2 teaspoons allspice
- 2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 7 pounds chicken wings
- In a food processor, blend together all the ingredients, but the chicken until smooth. Reserve 1 cup of marinade.
- Place chicken wings into a large resealable plastic bag and pour remaining marinade over them. Seal and marinate in the refrigerator 4 to 6 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line 2 sheet trays with parchment.
- Remove chicken from bag and place on the baking sheets. Bake 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan bring reserved marinade to a boil. Reduce by 1/3 until it thickens slightly, about 10 minutes.
- After 20 minutes, remove chicken from oven. Brush chicken with the glaze. Raise the heat to 400 degrees F and cook chicken until cooked through, another 20 minutes.