This tangy balsamic chicken wings appetizer is best served with a creamy dressing, such as blue cheese or feta.
- 18 chicken wings
- 1 cup/250ml honey
- 1 cup/250ml brown sugar
- 1 cup/250ml balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons/30ml peeled and grated fresh ginger
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Lemon zest, for garnish
- Remove the tips from the wings by cutting between the joints. Transfer the wings to a large resealable plastic bag.
- Combine the honey, brown sugar, vinegar, ginger, garlic and lemon zest and juice in a large bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Pour half the marinade into the bag with the chicken.
- Squeeze out most of the air and seal the bag. Shake gently to distribute the marinade. Refrigerate for at least 4 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (180 degrees C).
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Working in batches if necessary, sear the chicken wings, flipping once, until golden brown, about 3 minutes.
- Transfer the skillet to the oven and cook for about 30 minutes, flipping the wings often to prevent them from burning. Remove the skillet from the oven and add the remaining marinade.
- Continue to cook the wings on the stovetop until the sauce is thick and coats the chicken wings evenly.
- To serve, arrange the wings on a platter and garnish with lemon zest.