In the South-West of Kerala in India, the highly spiced curries flavored with coconut milk is an important part of any dinner. If people cant make their own Curry Spice Mix, they usually buy a garam masala or curry powder.
List of ingredients
• 1 Tbs. vegetable or canola oil
• 1/2 tsp. black mustard seeds
• 3 medium onions, sliced thin
• Stems from 3 sprigs fresh cilantro, chopped, plus 1/4 cup loosely packed cilantro leaves
• 1 clove garlic, minced
• 1-inch piece of ginger, minced
• 3 potatoes, diced into 1/2-inch cubes
• 2 green peppers
• 2 lbs. chicken thighs, skinned
• 2 to 3 Tbs. South Indian Curry Spice Mix
• 2 cups fresh Coconut Milk (1 cup thick, 1 cup thin)
• Kosher salt
• Cooked long-grain rice, for serving
1 Heat oil in a large pot, add mustard seeds and leave for 1 min.
2 Add garlic, ginger, sliced onion and cilantro stems and cook for 5min.
3 Add the ground spice an continue for 6-8min.
4 When the onion is soft and have absorbed spices, add chicken. Stir the pieces until they are mixed with spices.
5 Add coconut milk over the chicken, salt and potatoes and cook for 40 min on a medium het with covered pot.
6 Remove the cover and continue to boil for 3-5min, then add the thick coconut milk and the cilantro leaves.
7 Serve with rice.
You can try also delicious Cheese buns