Spring is a perfect season for shish kebabs outdoor preparation! But what should we do in the case when the weather spoils at the most inopportune moment? And shouldn’t we refuse from the pleasure? Just prepare these delicious things at home and cook these chicken shish kebabs in the oven, adding some vegetable side dish at the end.
The dish turns out to be so delicious. Some people call it «two in one» and it is really true, as here you will have both a wonderful side dish and a terrific shish kebab. The holidays are not canceled!
What products to take:
- 2 onions;
- 2 kg — chicken meat (preferably fillets);
- 3-4 cloves of garlic;
- 1 zucchini;
- 4 tbsp. — barbecue sauce;
- 3 fresh tomatoes;
- to taste — black pepper;
- 150 ml chicken broth;
- 600 g — cabbage (white-headed);
- 3 tbsp. — chili sauce;
- 2 carrots;
- to taste — kebab marinade;
Begin to cook
- Cut onion with garlic finely, put everything into a blender, add pepper and salt to taste and grind everything carefully.
- After that mix the components with barbecue sauce.
- We cut the meat into large pieces and mixed with the prepared marinade.
- We marinate for about 1,5-2 hours.
- We cut tomatoes and zucchini into rings.
- Take skewers and put on them vegetables with meat. Alternate them.
- Inside a frying pan heat the broth, place the sliced carrots with cabbage, stew until it becomes half-ready. As a rule, it takes about 15 minutes.
- Then we pour a little marinade into shish kebabs, add sauce, spices and salt.
- Stir and arrange everything inside the baking dish.
- O the top it is necessary to place the shish kebabs.
- We put everything into the oven preheated up to 180 degrees and bake for 20 minutes.
Give yourself «shish kebab mood», and even if the weather is gloomy, you will be pleased and relaxed! Enjoy!