Because who can resist juicy chicken breasts → crispy and golden on the outside → tender on the inside → lightly simmered in a creamy sauce with so much lemon/garlic/parmesan flavour. The combo of my dreams!
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 3 tablespoons olive oil (or any)
- 1/3 cup flour
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup Italian breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan
- 1/4 cup minced garlic (from a jar) or 4 cloves
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 1/3 cup sun dried tomatoes, in oil, chopped
- 2 1/2 tablespoons capers, drained
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 pound angel hair pasta
- 2 cups fresh baby spinach, roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup shredded parmesan
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 300F. Place a cooling rack on a baking sheet and set aside.
- Butterfly the chicken breasts so you end up with four equal size pieces.
- Pound out thick ends, if necessary, to ensure they’re the same size. Season both sides with salt and pepper.
- Place the flour, eggs, and breadcrumbs into three separate dishes and season with salt and pepper. Mix the parmesan cheese into the breadcrumbs.
- Dredge each piece of chicken into the flour, shaking off excess, then dip in the eggs, and finally cover them well in the breadcrumbs.
- Heat the oil over medium high heat in a large skillet and when hot, fry each piece of chicken for 1-2 minutes on each side, just until browned. (May have to fry in batches). Place on cooling rack and into oven to finish cooking.
- Reduce the heat to medium and add in garlic, stirring constantly for 30 seconds, then slowly pour in the broth. Bring to a simmer and reduce heat to low. Add in the sun dried tomatoes, capers, salt and pepper, and simmer until the pasta is finished.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta just shy of al dente according to the package directions. Reserve 1/2 cup cooking water. Add pasta directly to the sauce and toss well to combine.
- Remove from heat and toss in the spinach, shredded parmesan and lemon juice until the spinach is wilted. If the pasta is too dry, add in a little of the pasta water.
- Season to taste. Serve with the chicken.