Use a pastry brush to remove grated lemon rind from grater.
- 4 boneless breasts of chicken
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- grated rind of 1 lemon
- 100 g butter
- 1 tbsp chopped parsley
- salt and pepper
- 25 g plain flour
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 100 g fresh white
- Beat the chicken breasts flat with a meat mallet or a rolling pin .
- Mix together the garlic, lemon rind , butter, parsley and seasoning to form a paste.
- Divide the butter evenly between the chicken breasts and carefully roll up. Secure with string.
- Freeze for 15 minutes, or until the butter is firm .
- Coat the chicken in the flour , dip in the beaten egg and coat in the breadcrumbs , pressing firmly to make sure they stick.
- Return to the freezer for a further 15 minutes.
- Bake the chicken Kiev in a moderately hot oven for 30-40 minutes or until the outside is golden and crisp.
- Serve with boiled vegetables.