Adding important nutrients to family dinner doesn’t have to be challenging. Check out this balsamic skillet chicken recipe – made with a splash of 100% cranberry juice!
- 2 teaspoons light oil
- 1 1/2 lb boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut into strips
- Coarse salt and fresh ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup 100% unsweetened cranberry juice
- 1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 heaping tablespoons orange marmalade
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed rosemary
- 1/2 cup fresh cranberries
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Season chicken strips with salt and pepper on both sides. Using tongs, place chicken strips into skillet. Be careful not to overcrowd the skillet.
- Brown your chicken on both sides, about 3-5 minutes on each side. Once chicken is browned, remove from pan and place on a plate.
- Add 1 tablespoon of butter into skillet and reduce heat to medium.
- Combine cranberry juice, balsamic vinegar, orange marmalade and dried rosemary in a small bowl and add to pan.
- Add fresh cranberries to the pan and let simmer, stirring occasionally, for about 3 minutes or until cranberries have started to burst and soften.
- Place chicken strips back into pan and turn so that they get covered in the sauce.
- Let cook on a low simmer for about 5 minutes until sauce is thickened.
- Taste for salt and pepper and add to taste.
- Serve immediately with mashed sweet potatoes or wild rice.