Nothing beats a delicious salad at the end of the day!
- 2 large skinless boneless chicken breasts , halved to make four fillets
- 4 Flatbreads
- Marinade / Dressing:
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup lemon juice (juice of 1 lemon)
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic (or 2 large garlic cloves, minced)
- 2 tablespoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Cracked pepper
For The Tazatziki (or use store bought):
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 lebanese cucumber , peeled, deseeded and grated
- 1 clove of garlic , minced
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Pinch of salt
For The Salad:
- 3 lebanese cucumbers , halved lengthways and sliced thick
- 250 g | 8 oz cherry tomatoes (or grape tomatoes)
- 1 green pepper (capsicum), deseeded and sliced
- 1/2 red onion , sliced thinly
- 7 oz | 200 g marinaded Feta cheese , cubed
- 1/2 cup (3 oz | 80 g) pitted Kalamata olives
- Whisk together all the marinade / dressing ingredients in large, shallow dish. Pour out 1/3 cup to use as the dressing; reserve in the refrigerator for later.
- Add the chicken to the marinade and evenly coat; cover and allow to marinade for 30 minutes or overnight in the refrigerator.
- While chicken is marinading, prepare tzatziki: combine tzatziki ingredients in a bowl and mix well.
- Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve. Toss salad ingredients together and divide between four plates. Prepare flatbreads using this recipe, or warm store bought flatbreads on a pan over low heat until soft and warmed through. Transfer to warmed plates.
- Heat a large grill pan / skillet over medium-high heat. Remove the chicken from the marinade and add to the pan.
- Sear until the chicken is cooked through, about 5-6 minutes each side (total cook time of 10 to 12 minutes).
- Remove chicken from the pan; allow to rest for 5 minutes. Slice thickly and arrange on salad. Slice each flat.