2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 Tbsp soy sauce
- 2 Tbsp fresh lime juice
- ½ tsp agave
- 1 tsp ground chipotle powder
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp black pepper
- Pinch of cayenne pepper
PICO DE GALLO
- ¼ red onion, chopped
- ½ jalapeno, seeded and diced
- 1 large tomato, seeded and chopped
- ¼ cup freshly chopped cilantro
- 2 cups cooked brown rice
- ½ avocado, diced
- Sour cream
- Lime wedges
- In a large bowl, add ingredients for the marinade and whisk to combine. Add chicken breasts to the bowl. Refrigerate for 2 to 3 hours, or up to overnight.
- Heat a grill or grill pan. Once hot, remove chicken from marinade and add to the grill or pan. Cook until no longer pink in the center, approximately 3 to 4 minutes on either side. Remove from heat and rest for 5 minutes. Slice into thin strips. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, stir together jalapeño, tomato, cilantro and red onion.
- To assemble the bowls, start with brown rice as a base, dividing between the two bowls evenly.
- Top each bowl with pico de gallo, sliced chicken, and avocado. Finish with a dollop of sour cream, lime wedges and an extra sprinkle of chopped cilantro.