Original dishes can be prepared if you discover the old recipes for yourself. I the former times this poultry was often served at the table. The bird was cooked in different ways and as a result there were also very unusual recipes, both as to the way of its preparation, the taste and the appearance.
For example, here is a quail cooked in the oven with a pumpkin. What is an unusual thing about the dish? — The matter is that quails are baked right in the pumpkin!
What products to take
- 1 large pumpkin (not less than 2.5-3 kg);
- 150 g butter;
- 4 quail things;
- 4 onions;
- 1 glass of rice (boiled and crumbly);
- 500 g — fruit (apples, orange, quince) or dried fruits;
- to taste — spices;
Begin to cook
- We wash the birds, we fix the legs to the trunk tightly and bind them with threads.
- Then cut into halves, season with spices and salt.
- We heat the oil up in the pan, fry the quails for about 5 minutes until they become golden brown.
- In the same oil fry chopped onions until they become golden as well.
- We cut fresh fruit. In this case you can use any to taste. If you are going to use dried fruits, then soak them in water before.
- Take the pumpkin, cut off the top in a way to get the so-called «lid».
- Carefully take out the seeds.
- After that take the pulp away. You see, we have to have a niche in which the quail will fit.
- At the bottom of the pumpkin lay out rice, quails, fried onions, then prepared fruit and pour inside the melted butter.
- Cover the lid with a cut pumpkin top.
- We put the future dish into the oven preheated up to 180 degrees for 2-2,5 hours.
We lay everything out on a large dish together with pumpkin and serve to the table. Slice down, lay out on plates with pieces of pumpkin, quails and stuffing. Be prepared to listen to a lot of compliments! Enjoy!