Easy 20-minute chicken dinner that is juicy, tender, and loved by everyone! All in one pan with chicken thighs, mozzarella, tomatoes, basil, and balsamic glaze.
- 1 tablespoon good quality extra virgin olive oil
- 7-10 large fresh basil leaves, chopped
- 4 thin chicken cutlets, pounded out evenly if needed
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon granulated garlic
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons light olive oil/grape seed oil
- 2 tomatoes, sliced
- 2 balls fresh mozzarella, torn into pieces
- Fresh cracked black pepper for serving
- In a nonstick skillet, heat the extra virgin olive oil over medium-high heat.
- While that’s heating, stack the basil on top of each other, roll up tightly and slice into thin strands. Carefully put the basil in the oil and “fry” until crispy, curled and dark in color, being careful not to burn. Pour into a dish and set aside.
- Season the chicken on both sides with the salt, garlic and pepper. Heat the olive/grape seed oil over medium-high heat and brown the chicken on both sides, approx. 3-5 minutes each side or until cooked to 165 degrees inside.
- When the chicken is done, top with the tomato slices and mozzarella.
- Cover and reduce heat to low to melt the cheese, approx. 2 minutes.
- Upon serving, spoon the crispy basil and oil over top and serve with freshly cracked black pepper.