In this version, the chicken hangs out and marinates with paprika,lime juice, and some other spices before being quickly cooked on the grill or stove-top. It makes a delicious main dish.
- 900g (about 2lbs) chicken tenderloins
- Coconut oil
For the marinade:
- 5 tsps sweet paprika
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper or chill powder
- 1½ tsp Celtic salt or sea salt
- 1 tsp Allspice (optional but very nice)
- 1 tsp coriander seeds powder (you can grind coriander seeds with mortar & pestle)
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 3 tbsps olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, finely diced
- 2 tsps tomato paste/puree
- 2 limes (zest + juice from one lime for the marinade and juice from the second when serving)
Allow 1 hour to marinate the chicken
- Mix all marinade ingredients in a large bowl. Rinse the chicken and cut larger pieces in half keeping.
- Using your hands, rub the pieces of chicken with the marinade. Leave in the bowl, wrap with cling wrap and set aside for at least one hour before grilling in the fridge.
- If using a grill plate or a frying pan on your stove, heat one teaspoon of coconut oil until sizzling hot. Fry chicken pieces for 4 minutes on each side and then remove to a plate to rest.
- Make sure not to overcrowd the frying pan or you will end up with too much meat juice and you will end up with stewed rather than grilled chicken.
- If using a BBQ, heat the plate to sizzling hot and either spray with olive oil or brush with coconut oil.
- Place chicken pieces on the plate with a little space in between and cook for 4 minutes on each side on medium/high heat with the lid on.
- Remove cooked chicken to a serving plate and drizzle with lime juice before serving.