- 7 slices white bread
- 50 g butter
- 2 large cooking apples
- 1 can apricot pie filling
- 50 g soft brown or demerara sugar
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- Knob of butter
1. Remove the crusts from the bread and use 2 slices to make breadcrumbs.
2. Butter the remaining slices and use to li e a 1.15 litre/2 pint ovenproof dish (buttered sides against the dish), cutting them to fit.
3. Peel, core and chop the apples.
4. Mix with the apricot pie filling and spoon into the lined dish .
5. Mix together the breadcrumbs, sugar and cinnamon and sprinkle over the top.
6. Dot a knob of butter over the top and bake in a moderate oven for 50-60 minutes.
7. Serve hot with custard or fresh cream.