Various puddings have remained popular even in our time. Moreover we can’t but mention that they are being prepared in many countries of the world. In ancient times in Russia, apple-nut pudding, cooked on the basis of semolina, was very popular.
People served this pudding with jelly or milk.The taste of dessert is rather saturated and very delicious. If desired the original recipe can be supplemented with cinnamon or vanilla.
What products to take
- 500 g — sour apples;
- 40 g — butter;
- 500 ml — milk;
- 50 g — semolina;
- 3 eggs;
- 150 g — nuts (walnuts, cedar or almonds);
- 100 g — sugar.
Begin to cook
- Fry the nuts, then grind them into a crumb of medium size.
- We pour the milk into a container and pour inside the crushed nuts.
- We put everything on a moderate fire, boil after during 3-5 minutes.
- Gradually add the semolina, wait until it boils and remove immediately from the fire.
- We leave to cool and mix with butter.
- We rub the yolks with sugar carefully and add to the prepared mass.
- We clean apples, cut into cubes or slices, mix with the mass.
- Finally, add whipped whites, stirring them with neat circular movements.
- We pour the mass into a greased form.
- We put everything into the oven preheated up to 190 degrees, bake until everything is ready. As a rule, it takes about 25-35 minutes.
- We cut our dish into portions and serve to the table.
In other words, such a pudding can easily be called a semolina cake. We like to serve it with berry or fruit sauces, jam is also suitable. Enjoy your meal!