These delicious individual peach shortcakes can be made with fresh or canned peaches.
- 1 large (820 g/1 lb 13 oz) can peach halves, or 10-12 fresh peaches
- 50 g (2 oz) butter
- 3/4 cup (185 g/6 oz) sugar
- 1 1/4 cups (155 g/5 1/2 oz) flour
- 1/2 cup (55 g/2 oz) icing sugar
- 100g (3 1/2 oz) butter
- 1 egg
- Drain the canned peaches, or peel fresh peaches.
- Cut cooked halves or raw peaches into chunks.
- Heat the butter and sugar in a pan, until the sugar caramelizes, then pour it into six individual pie plates.
- Process the flour and icing sugar with the cold cubed butter until the butter is finely chopped, then break in the egg, and process again until a ball of dough forms.
- Arrange the drained peach chunks on the caramel.