These chocolate tarts are amazing for cup of tea. If you want to decorate it, you can use candied lemon, orange zest, berries or kosher.
List of ingredients
- 3 oz. (6 Tbs.) unsalted butter or margarine, plus extra for the tart pans
- Cocoa powder or all-purpose flour, for dusting the tart pans
- 13 oz. semisweet chocolate, chopped into small pieces (about 3 cups)
- Pinch salt
- 9 egg yolks
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 3 egg whites
- confectioners’ sugar, for garnish (optional)
- Brush twelve four-inch nonstick tart pans (preferably with removable bottoms) with melted butter and coat with flour or cocoa powder, tapping out the excess.
- Mix butter, chocolate and salt in a small bowl. Put in microwave for 1 min, stir and do it for one more minute, until the chocolate softens. Remove from microwave and stir.
- Mix egg yolks with 2 tbsp of sugar with mixer, when you stop mixing the batter should fall back into the bowl in ribbons. Mix the chocolate mixture with the egg yolks with spatula and put aside.
- Take another bowl and whisk egg whites with remaining sugar.
- Put 1/3 of the egg whites into the chocolate mixture and fold the mixture together in a circular cup and down motion until the egg whites are incorporated. Then add the rest and mix.
- Put butter into the tart pans. Cover the tarts with plastic wrap and refrigerate before baking.
- Before baking take out from the fridge and put in the oven preheated to 475°F, bake until the tarts jiggle like firm gelatin. Serve immediately.
If you like chocolate, try this Chocolate cake