This is a wonderful recipe for zeppelins, prepared in the Lithuanian way.
Dear friends, we want to tell you a recipe for a delicious dish, which is very popular in Lithuania. It’s about zeppelins from potatoes. This dish is incomparable with any others. By their taste, they are a bit like zrazy from potatoes, vareniki and even pelmeni.
When you cook this dish yourself and try it, you will immediately understand that they can not be compared to any other dish by their taste. When serving zeppelin to the table with them it is desirable to cook lard or cracklings with fried onions. You can also serve them with butter and sour cream.
List of required products
- potato starch — 1 teaspoon;
- salt — to your taste;
- chicken egg — 1 pieces;
- potatoes — 12 pcs.;
- wheat flour — 0.5 two hundred gram glass;
- minced meat (preferably pork) — 300 grams
- flavored pepper — to your taste;
Begin to cook
- First of all you need to peel and to boil potatoes. Use only six potatoes. Drain all the water and mash.
- Now take the grater and grate the rest of the potatoes. After you grate all the potatoes, it is required to squeeze them well into a small saucepan, getting rid of the juice. Leave the container with juice aside for a while. A small layer of starch will settle on the bottom of the pot. It will be useful in the future.
- Next, you need to take a deep bowl and put there mashed and grated potatoes. Also put there the starch, which has set on the bottom of the pan, dry starch and wheat flour. Stir. Into the obtained mixture, beat in the chicken egg, sprinkle with pepper and salt. Stir everything again.
- You have already got dough. Now start forming small balls from it, and then squeeze each ball with your palm, as if you are making a flat cake. Put one spoonful of minced meat in the center of each flat cake. Stick all the edges of the obtained products.
- Pour water into a deep water tank. Pat will be the best variant for this purpose. Place it on the stove and turn on the fire. As soon as the water begins to boil, put the received products into it and start to cook. They are prepared very quickly. You will need not more than 15 minutes. This completes cooking. Enjoy!