This is a recipe for Thai noodles. As a rule, people fall in love with it after visiting Bangkok or any other Asian towns. There you can try it not only in chic restaurants, but from street stalls either. The correct Thai pad is light, fresh, with a complex and at the same time balanced taste. Are you living in Europe or the USA? — Oh, in this case it would be quite difficult to find the proper list of all the ingredients.
List of required products
- Tamarind paste — 3 tbsp. l.;
- raw shrimps — 200 g;
- solid tofu — 200 g;
- hot red pepper — pinch;
- rice noodles — 300 g;
- 1 egg;
- vegetable oil — 3 tbsp;
- raw peanut peeled — handful;
- soybean sprouts or golden beans — 100 g;
- garlic — 4 cloves;
- chopped onion — small bundle;
- shallots — 1 onion;
- sugar — 2 tsp;
- fish sauce Nahm Plah — 1 tbsp.
Begin to cook
- Soak rice noodles according to the instructions, given on the package. Usually it is done in warm water for 5-10 minutes.
- It should be soft, but not tear apart. Throw it into a colander and dry it.
- Cut the tofu into long strips, and the green onion — obliquely with 2 cm pieces. Chop garlic and shallots. Heat the oil in a wok or deep frying pan.
- It is necessary to do this on high heat. Pour there peanuts and fry them for 30 seconds. After that put them all on a paper towel. Add into wok shallot, garlic and tofu, fry until golden brown hint, for 1-2 minutes.
- Add the noodles. Stirring all the time, mind that the ingredients of the wok shouldn’t burn. Add tamarind paste, sugar, fish sauce and red pepper.
- The fire must remain as strong as possible! With the help of the spoon move the content of the wok aside in order to free a quarter of the surface.
- Beat the egg there and cook until it becomes strong. As a rule, it takes 1-2 minutes.
- Mix the egg with the rest of the contents. Clean the prawns. Sprouts have to be poured with boiling water for 2-3 minutes. After that don’t forget to drain and to dry them. In a separate frying pan fry the shrimps on both sides.
- Pay attention to the fact that they have to turn pink. Add them to the noodles along with the sprouts and green onions. Warm up, spread on warmed plates and serve, sprinkling with fried peanuts.
Some notes for you
We would also like to tell you that the tamarind paste gives a dish some pleasant acidity, but it is not easy to find it in European or American stores. Therefore, you can replace it in this dish with vinegar (for example, sherry, but you need to take it half as much). But fish sauce is more difficult to replace — it has a very special flavor. But in some cases you can use more common salty soy.