To prevent this fish mixture sticking to your hands as you shape it , dampen your hands with cold water. If the mixture begins to stick, dampen your hands again.
- 450 g white fish, for example, hake, whiting or cod
- 50 g fresh white breadcrumbs
- 25 g sesame seeds
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp tomato ketchup
- 1 tbsp chopped parsley
- salt and pepper
- oil for frying
- tomato rose
- parsley sprig
- Skin the fish and chop the flesh, removing any bones.
- Mix the chopped fish with the remaining ingredients.
- Take small spoonfuls of the fish mixture and roll into balls the size of marbles.
- Heat oil in a saucepan and fry the fish balls a few at a time for 3-4 minutes or until golden.
- Drain on absorbent kitchen paper and keep warm until all the fish balls are cooked.
- Serve hot with boiled rice and stir-fried vegetables, garnishing with a tomato rose and parsley sprig.