The kitchens of various countries of South-East Asia are combined by a common culinary method: all products are subjected to minimal heat treatment, and even served in a raw condition at all. Slightly fried fish with raw vegetables can be enjoyed in Singapore, Malaysia and Indonesia. The Europeans, who visit these corners of the world become a little surprise at first and then eat everything with a real pleasure.
List of required products
- 800 g fillet of common sole;
- 6-8 cherry tomatoes;
- 1 sweet green pepper;
- half of red hot chili pepper;
- 1/2 cup soy sauce;
- 2 cm fresh ginger root;
- garlic — 2 cloves;
- 1/2 tbsp cornstarch;
- 1 tsp. curry powder;
- 4-5 tbsp. peanut butter.
Begin to cook
- Cut the cherry tomatoes in half.Peppers are cleared from pedicels with seeds. Green pepper is cut into strips, red chili — into rings.
- Cut the fillet into small pieces.Mix cornstarch with curry powder. Roll the fish in this mixture.
- For the sauce, grind the ginger and garlic, fry in the wok in 1 tbsp. l. peanut butter for 30 seconds, then add the soy sauce, bring to a boiling condition.
- Remove from the fire, put into another container.Wipe the wax to dry condition.
- Warm up the remaining oil in the wok and fry the fish portions on strong fire for 3 minutes.Put onto a dish with tomatoes, green and red pepper. Serve immediately with warm sauce.
Tip from experienced cooks
You can make this dish a bit more «Chinese» one if you remove the curry powder from the ingredients and add canned bamboo shoots, young green peas pods and shiitake or dried black Chinese mushrooms. Mushrooms will need to be soaked for 30 minutes in warm water. Don’t forget to remove the rough legs, and the bamboo shoots are thrown over the colander, fried quickly in oil together with peas, green and hot red pepper and mushrooms.