- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 tbsp Medium curry powder
- 1/2 cabbage, sliced
- 1 cup water
- 1 chicken stock cube
- 400 g tin of pilchards
[ads — pc — 1]
[ads — mob — 1]
- In a pot, fry the onion in oil until soft.
- Add the curry powder and fry for 2 minutes, stirring continuously.
- Add the cabbage and fry for a further 2 minutes.
- Then add the water and chicken stock cube, stir well and bring to the boil.
- Turn down the heat and simmer with the lid on for 30 minutes or until the cabbage is tender.
- Add the tin of pilchards in tomato sauce to the pot, stir well and allow to heat through.
- Serve with pap or rice. Serves 4-6.
Add a cup of frozen mixed vegetables when you add your pilchards!
- Add cut carrots to this yummy recipe, for a little more color and flavor.
- Keep the pilchards whole as this will help increase the calcium content of the dish.