If you cook poppadums in a frying pan , use 2 fish slices to prevent them from curling up as they cook.
- 450 g white fish fillets, for example , haddock , coley or whiting , skinned
- 1-2 tbsp oil
- 2 onions, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 green pepper, deseeded and diced
- 2 tbsp curry powder
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 25 g plain flour
- 600 ml hot water
- 100 g cooked mussles
- 100 g peeled cooked prawns
- 4 tomatoes , peeled , deseeded and quartered
- salt and pepper
- whole prawns
- coriander sprigs
- Cut the fish into cubes. Heat the oil in a frying pan , add the onions , garlic and pepper and fry until softened, but not browned.
- Add the spices and flour and cook gently.
- Gradually add the water, stirring all the time.
- Bring the mixture to boil , reduce the heat and simmer gently , then add the white fish and cook for 15 minutes.
- Add the mussels , prawns and tomatoes, season to taste and continue cooking for a further 5-10 minutes.
- Garnish with whole prawns and coriander sprigs and serve at once with boiled rice and poppadums.