This light aromatic starter will please you at any time: on weekdays and on holidays.
Stuffed cucumbers are an original dish on a buffet table. They are prepared literally in a matter of minutes — and surprise absolutely everyone with their taste and beauty. This refreshment will be very popular among those who follow their figure. And if you are going to a picnic, then prepare such a dish at home to snack on in anticipation of a shish kebab readiness.
List of required products
- 4 large fresh cucumbers;
- 7 table spoons of cottage cheese of any fat content;
- 1 tablespoon of sour cream;
- 2 sprigs of dill;
- 2 feathers of green onions;
- lettuce leaves for decoration;
- one cherry tomato or a normal small tomato;
- salt to taste.
Begin to cook
- Greens of dill and onions are shakes off to remove excess moisture and finely chopped.
- Cottage cheese (it’s better to use granular, but it’s not important) is put in a bowl, kneaded with a fork until homogeneous: there should not be lumps. For this purpose you can use a sieve or a blender also.
- Add chopped greens, sour cream and salt to taste to kneaded cottage cheese. Stir thoroughly and your filling is ready.
- Cut each cucumber into two halves, cut off the stalks (we need to get stable cups). Take the pulp out from cucumbers with a teaspoon or a special knife. You`ll have only walls and bottoms of about 5 millimeters thick.
- Make grooves on the cucumbers if you wish: for this purpose you need to use a special knife for peeling vegetables.
- Fill up the cucumbers with the filling, decorate them with cress-lettuce leaves (you can use another lettuce).
- Cut the cherry tomato into 8 pieces and use for decoration. Spread the lettuce between the cucumbers.
- Stuffed cucumbers recipe is quite versatile: the filling can be absolutely any, to your taste: meat, cheese and fish.
- Welcome one more variant of the filling for the festive table. Take 120 grams of salted trout (or salmon, herring or any seafood), remove the skin from it, and cut the fillet into small pieces.
- Knead 40 grams of melted cheese or cream cheese (half a pack), add one tablespoon of mayonnaise.
- Half a pod of sweet Bulgarian pepper is cut into cubes, put into a bowl with cottage cheese. Put the cut fish there.
- Add finely chopped greens of dill and onion, mix thoroughly, and the filling is ready.
- Make traditional stuffing for everyday menu: boiled eggs, garlic, processed or hard cheese, mayonnaise and greens.
Bon appetite and bright summer.