On the one hand, this tradition to combine eggplants and sesame paste in one dish is considered to be the Middle Eastern one. On the other — Asian, with a stronger taste. And what a beautiful tradition! Why not to try it somewhere?
List of required products:
- 4 average eggplants;
- 400 ml chicken or vegetable broth dashi
- small bunch of green onions;
- 4 tbsp. of fried sesame seeds;
- 2 tbsp. of soy sauce;
- 1 tbsp. honey;
Begin to cook
- Eggplants are cut into two halves, then into slices of 2 cm thick. Salt them much and in 30 minutes wash and press.
- Mix the broth, soy sauce, honey and salt in the saucepan, bring to a boiling condition and put the eggplant. Close the lid and cook over low heat for 20 minutes.
- While eggplants are being stewed, pour 2 tbsp. sesame seeds in a coffee grinder and bake into powder. The remaining sesame should be fried in a dry frying pan for 2 min.
- Pour some of the broth from the saucepan with eggplant into a bowl, mix with the ground sesame. Pour the sesame sauce over the eggplant. Stir carefully. Cook without any lid for 5 minutes.
- Slice the green onions in small pieces, put them to eggplant, stir, remove from heat and sprinkle with sesame seeds.