All the flavors of Mediterranean cuisine in one bowl! Healthy and so easy to make, this Mediterranean Quinoa Salad makes a perfect lunch or dinner. All clean eating ingredients are used for this healthy salad recipe.
- 1 cup quinoa, rinsed
- 1 3/4 cups water or broth
- 1 pound boneless and skinless chicken breasts or thighs
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup BBQ sauce
- 1 pound zucchini, quartered lengthwise
- 2 ears corn
- 1/4 cup feta, crumbled
- 1/4 cup green onions
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, chopped
- 1/4 cup BBQ sauce
- Bring the water and quinoa to a boil, reduce the heat and simmer, covered, until the quinoa is tender and has absorbed the water, about 15 minutes, remove from heat and let sit for 5 minutes, covered.
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper to taste and grill or pan fry it over medium-high heat until cooked through and lightly golden brown, about 4-6 minutes per side, before setting aside to cool, slicing and mixing in the BBQ sauce.
- Grill the zucchini and the corn until cooked and slightly charred, about 2-3 minutes per side.
- Cut the corn from the cob, assemble the salad and enjoy!