This is a great way to add variety and creativity to your everyday plain noodles. I often like to use pork strips or chicken breast strips as the meat base if I’m not opting for veggie-only noodles on that day.
2-3 packs of Chinese noodles (Raman noodles work just fine too)
5 mushroom shoots, sliced
1 large carrot, stripped
1 small onion, sliced
1 red pepper, deseeded and sliced
1 green pepper, deseeded and sliced
1 yellow pepper, deseeded and sliced
250-500 g pork, chicken or beef strips (optional)
2 tbsp soy sauce
sweet chili sauce
salt and pepper
oil for frying
water for boiling noodles
- If using the meat strips, fry with salt and pepper for 5 minutes, or until cooked to satisfaction.
- Bring water to a boil and add the noodles. Boil noodles for 2 minutes, drain the water and put aside.
- Heat oil and fry mushrooms, carrots and onions for 2 minutes then add the peppers. Stir fry the vegetables, adding a pinch of salt and pepper and 1-2 tablespoons soy sauce to taste.
- Mix the ready vegetables and meat together with the noodles and stir together.
- Add the sweet chili sauce as desired.
- Serve immediately, garnished with parsley sprigs .