Start your morning off right with this nutritious oatmeal. Its made with heart-healthy cranberries, spicy cinnamon and crunchy walnuts.
- 2 c orange juice
- 1 c water
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 c oatmeal (quick or old fashioned, uncooked)
- ½ dried cranberries
- ¼ chopped toasted walnuts
- 1 c lowfat or fat free vanilla yoghurt (optional)
- Additional dried cranberries (optional)
1. In medium saucepan, bring orange juice, water, salt and cinnamon to a gentle boil. Stir in oats and cranberries.
2. Return to a boil; reduce heat to medium. Cook 1 minute for quick oats, 5 minutes for old fashioned oats or until most of the liquid is absorbed, stirring occasionally.
3. Let stand until desired consistency. Spoon oatmeal into 4 cereal bowls.
4. Top each serving with 1 tbsp walnuts and , if desired, ¼ c yoghurt and additional cranberries.
1. In 3 quart microwaveable bowl, combine all ingredients except yoghurt and nuts.
2. Microwave on HIGH 4 to 6 minutes for quick oats and 7 to 9 minutes for old fashioned oats or until most of liquid is absorbed.
3. Let stand until desired consistency.
4. Top each serving with yoghurt, walnuts and ,if desired, additional cranberries.