This old Russian salad, prepared from radish and potatoes, is called «Peasant». It is a hearty and healthy dish at the same time. It is spring now. On the markets you can find different young greens and a radish, so you can prepare a vitamin salad without problems.
You will be surprised, because, despite the name, there are enough ingredients in it, thanks to which the taste of the dish turns out to be amazing.
What products to take
- 4 tbsp. — sour cream;
- 500 g — potatoes;
- 1 bunch — chives;
- 80 g of butter;
- 30 grams roasted peanuts;
- 4 slices — white bread (thick);
- 10 radishes;
- 1 fresh cucumber;
- to taste — salt;
- ground black pepper.
Begin to cook
- Peeled potatoes are boiled in salted water, cooled and cut into cubes of medium size.
- Radish is cut into thin rings.
- We cut the bread into cubes about 1×1 cm.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan, fry the bread until the bread gets a crust of golden hint. Then cool it.
- Grind the onions and cucumber.
- We put all the prepared ingredients into a salad bowl, pour inside the sour cream, add peanuts, season with pepper and salt.
- Stir carefully and serve immediately to the table.
Such a salad will be a real discovery for you, especially if the unexpected guests come. This is a great dish with great taste! Enjoy your meal!