Who says healthy can not be delicious!
- 1/2 rasher lean bacon
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- A few drops of oil or 1/4 tsp butter
- 200 g (7 oz) shredded cabbage
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Cornflour (optional)
- Remove rind and chop bacon thinly.
- Put in a saucepan with garlic and oil or butter.
- Heat gently until bacon starts to sizzle, then add shredded cabbage with some of the water.
- Add a grinding of black pepper, cover the pan, raise the heat, and.
- Lower the heat, and cook until the cabbage is tender-crisp. It should still be bright green at this stage. The actual cooking time will depend on the tenderness of the cabbage, but it may be as short as 3 minutes.
- Raise the heat and evaporate the liquid on the bottom of the pan, or thicken it with a little cornflour and cold water paste.
- Toss the cabbage in the thickened liquid.
It’s a good day for a lovely meal!