Today we will prepare lasagna from eggplants: this is the original recipe, because we will not use the lasagna sheets at all.
From the original version we have used only a way of the product laying, but the cooking process has to be much simpler. As a result you will have a completely vegetable, incredibly aromatic and very tasty dish. Lasagne from eggplants can not be attributed to dietary dishes. It is very nutritious — but it is so delicious that you can sometimes treat yourself with such a yummy thing.
List of required products:
- 5 kg of eggplants;
- 600-800 grams of minced meat;
- two average onions;
- 500 grams of ripe tomatoes;
- 300 grams of hard cheese;
- 100 milliliters of dry wine;
- vegetable oil;
- 30 grams of butter;
- salt and black ground pepper — to your own taste;
- fresh basil.
Begin to cook
- Eggplants are washed. The stalk is removed and the vegetables are cut into thin plates, together with the skin. If there is a desire, you can peel them, of course.
- Arrange the eggplants on a plate and salt them carefully. Cover and leave for 30-40 minutes, so that the eggplants are juiced.
- Two average onions are peeled from the husks and chopped finely.
- In a frying pan warm up a small amount of vegetable oil, send there onions, fry until light gold hint .Then add a small piece of butter and fry until a beautiful golden color.
- Fried onions are taken out on a plate, into the same frying pan add a little more vegetable oil and lay out the minced meat. In this case you can use any kind of minced meat you like. Everything depends on your personal taste.
- Fry minced meat, stirring it constantly, until the color changes.
- Then add the white dry wine (it can be replaced with red wine), fry it on high heat until the liquid evaporates completely.
- Ripe red tomatoes are washed , the stems are removed, and after that the vegetables are chopped finely. You can grind in the meat grinder.
- Eggplants are also cut into small cubes and sent to a frying pan.
- Put the tomatoes into the frying pan to the meat, cover with a lid and reduce the heat. Stew everything together until the complete vegetable and meat preparation. As a rule, it takes about 20 minutes.
- Then take the lid away and wait until the excess liquid evaporates. 5 minutes before the readiness we add salt and black ground pepper to taste and add the fried onions. Despite it we have put some sugar, which is able to make the taste more vivid and balanced.
- Eggplants are put to a colander, pour excess juice away and thoroughly wash the vegetables under running water. We wring them out with our hands. After that dry them with paper towels.
- Fry eggplants in a frying pan. Do it in a small amount of vegetable oil. Fry from two sides until a pleasant golden color appearance.
- A piece of cheese is rubbed on a large grater.
- Here is a small tip for you. In order to prepare this dish properly you can use absolutely any hard cheese, you like. The best recipes for its preparation can be found on our website.
- Our lasagna has to be constructed in layers. Do it in a rectangular baking tray.
- First lay a layer of eggplants, on it — a layer of minced meat, sprinkle everything with the grated cheese and put a few leaves of basil (tear it with hands).
- Repeat the layers until all the ingredients are finished. The last layer should be a layer of eggplant. We make everything compact and sprinkle with cheese.
- We send the baking tray with lasagne to the oven, heated up to 180-200 degrees, for 20-30 minutes.
- We serve it as an independent dish.