Most of us do not cook strawberry jam this way. However, it turns out to be very fragrant. I would like to share the recipe that you will definitely fancy.
- 2 kg strawberries
- 1 kg sugar
- 0.5 glasses of water
- First of all we need strawberries (try to choose not very large berries, but ripe). Wash collected berries in running water, remove the stems and leaves, strain through a sieve. After that put strawberries in a bowl. Take another bowl and cook syrup in it. Add 0.5 cups of water to 1 kg of sugar and put it all on medium heat. Cook it for 5-7 minutes until the syrup gets thick but not white. How can we check the density? Take a spoonful of syrup and then lightly blow on it. If it has become viscous it means that it is ready. After that pour hot strawberry syrup, cover with a lid and let it cool. While cooking strawberries give their juice and syrup becomes more liquid.
- Cool cold strawberries on a strainer. Juice that was produced by it should be boiled for 5-7 minutes.
- Put strawberries in a bowl and pour boiled hot syrup. Let the strawberries cool down completely. Repeat this procedure again. If you want to make syrup more dense add sugar and boil again.
- After repeating the procedure for the third time, we put the strawberry berries in sterile jars, fill them with boiling syrup, roll up the сaps and put them in a blanket.
- The fact is that only syrup is boiled for 3-4 times but berries are not cooked at all. Strawberry jam prepared this way has beautiful rich color and pleasant fragrant smell. When everything is ready call guests and treat them with a new delicacy.