It’s very difficult to find a really delicious recipe for cooking a rabbit: therefore, we are glad to share with you the recipe of a rabbit stew.
This very tasty and flavorful dish does not stay long on the table: it is eaten first. Gourmets will appreciate the tender and juicy meat of a rabbit. With the proper preparation of rabbit meat for stewing, this dish will definitely be delicious and flavored, so knowing the subtleties of cooking from rabbit, you can safely start doing it, even if you do it for the first time.
List of requested products:
- rabbit weighing 2-2.5 kg;
- two large carrots;
- the head of a large onion;
- 5 cloves of garlic;
- 750 milliliters of red wine;
- 50 milliliters of olive oil;
- fresh thyme — to taste;
- 2-3 leaves of bay leaves;
- 800 grams of fresh tomatoes;
- 2 tablespoons of tomato paste;
- 30 grams of parsley;
- one stalk of celery;
- a teaspoon of sugar;
- salt and black ground pepper — to your own taste;
Begin to cook
- Rabbit (now you can easily buy home meat) is washed, soaked with blood (if necessary), cut off all unnecessary.
- We cut it into pieces (large enough).
- Into deep dishes (it is better to take a saucepan) we cut into large slices one carrot, onion (preferably half rings), 2 cloves garlic, pour all the wine and mix.
- Into the prepared mixture lay out pieces of rabbit. We need to marinate it: at least 4 hours, or better — for the whole night.
- After the meat is marinated, we take the pieces from the marinade, sprinkle with salt and pepper, fry in a frying pan in warm olive oil: for 5-7 minutes.
- We take the meat, and then in the same pan fry the vegetables from the marinade.
- Then we again place the rabbit into a frying pan, add there bay leaves, thyme and the marinade itself. Stir everything carefully.
- We send the frying pan with rabbit stew into the oven for 2.5 hours.
- We take the baking tray with the stew from the oven, cool it, take out the pieces of rabbit. The remaining liquid is filtered, and the vegetables are discarded, they are no longer needed.
- In a large deep saucepan, heat the olive oil, fry the finely chopped celery root and 3 cloves of garlic (chop with a knife or pass through a press).
- The remaining carrots are cut into cubes, sent to a frying pan and fried for 5 more minutes.
- The tomatoes should be peeled, cut into cubes and put into a saucepan.
- When the whole mass boils, add there a teaspoon of sugar, pieces of rabbit and tomato paste (according to the recipe). Cover the pan with a lid and stew for another hour (on a small fire).
- Then add salt, pepper to taste and parsley. Cook for 10 minutes.
- Ready dish is served with garnish, represented by any pasta or rice.