Meat should be marinated in beer with salt during the whole night. After that it is covered with glaze in Asian style and baked.
List of required products:
Ingredients for glaze:
- 1 cup of dark beer;
- 2/3 cup of mirin (or white wine);
- ¼ cup of soy sauce;
- ½ teaspoon of ground chili;
- 1 tbsp cornstarch;
- 3 tbsp. of honey.
Ingredients for brine:
- 3 tbsp. water;
- 3 tbsp. of salt
- 350 ml of dark beer
- 4 chicken legs (or 1 whole chicken, it is possible to divide entirely or more conveniently into parts)
Begin to cook
- In a small saucepan mix the water with salt and put on medium heat. Mix the contents only until the salt dissolves, then pour the beer inside. Cool to room temperature.
- Into a large bowl put chicken or chicken pieces, pour brine and after that cover everything with loose foil. Put to the fridge for at least 3 hours, but not more than 24 hours.
- Turn on the oven and set it to 200 ° C. Cover the baking tray (preferably with a grill) with aluminum foil.
- In a small saucepan mix with beer, mirin, soy sauce, chili, corn starch and honey. First put on a strong fire, and when it boils, reduce the heat and boil for about 5 minutes until the state of the syrup.
- Take the chicken out of the brine, rinse thoroughly and dry with paper towels. Place the chicken on the grate in the tray and cover with glaze. Put into the oven for 45-55 minutes, covering the chicken with icing every 10-15 minutes.