When you add baked beans, tomatoes and interesting seasonings to minced beef, you make a popular chili mixture that will go a long way and will be ready to eat in less than 30 minutes.
(for 6-8 servings)
- 2 large onions, chopped
- 2 tbsp oil
- 2 large cloves garlic, chopped
- 500 g (1 lb 2 oz) minced beef
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp oreganum
- 1/2-1 tsp chilli powder
- 1 (400 g/14 oz) can whole tomatoes in juice
- 1 (820 g/1 lb 13 oz) can baked beans
- 2 tsp lemon juice or wine vinegar
[ads — pc — 1]
[ads — mob — 1]
- Brown the onions in the oil in a large pan, then add the garlic and mince and cook until the meat has browned.
- Add the seasoning, then the remaining ingredients, cover an simmer for 15-20 minutes.
- Serve on rice, with corn chips on the side, or thicken and serve with shredded lettuce, grated cheese, etc, in taco shells.