Get our sweet & sticky spare rib recipe here. Slow cooked, juicy pork with a gorgeous blend of spices that is guaranteed to melt in your mouth.
- Heat your oven to 150˚C/130˚C fan/gas mark 2.
- While the oven is warming, peel and roughly chop the onion. Then peel and crush the garlic in a garlic crusher.
- Place a frying pan over a medium heat until it is hot, then add the olive oil, onion and garlic. Fry for 4 to 5 minutes or until the onion has softened.
- Add the chilli (if using), fennel seeds and brown sugar and cook, stirring, for a further 1 to 2 minutes until the sugar has melted.
- Add the tomato ketchup and soy sauce and stir everything together. Bring to the boil, then reduce the heat and simmer for 10 minutes, until the sauce thickens up.
- Put the ribs into a deep-sided roasting tray and pour over the sauce.
- Cover the tray with foil and put it into the oven for 2 hours, then increase the oven temperature to 180˚C/160˚C fan/gas mark 4, remove the foil and cook for 30 to 45 minutes more.
- Once cooked, remove the tray from the oven and let the ribs cool down so they are not too hot to handle before serving.
- Serve with lots of paper napkins because sticky fingers are guaranteed!