The liver is not only very tasty, but also an incredibly useful product for our health. Frankly speaking, this fact is of common knowledge.
There are a lot of cooking methods, but we, like other experienced cooks, adore cooking with apples and onions. That is our favorite dish. The recipe is quite versatile. — You can take chicken or pork liver. In this case it is up to you to decide. The dish will be especially tasty, if you choose beef liver, but many families find this product to be very expensive. Any liver turns out to be gentle with a light apple flavor. Apples are an excellent addition to the dish, and at the same time they can be used as an independent snack. However, if you are a very beginner in cooking, mind that there is a slight difference in the preparation of chicken and pork liver. And we are going to tell you about each cooking variant.
List of required products:
- 500 grams of liver (chicken and pork);
- 2 large onions;
- 2 large juicy apples with dense pulp inside;
- salt and black ground pepper — to your own taste;
- one teaspoon of sugar and 70% of vinegar;
- sunflower oil without flavor — for frying.
Begin to cook
- Chicken liver is washed under running water and don’t forget to remove all the films. If you have very large pieces of it, they need to be cut into several parts.
- If you have a pork or beef liver, you should also wash the product under running water, remove all the films and cut into fairly large plates (like steaks) of approximately one and a half centimeter thick.
- By tradition it is recommended to take green sour-sweet apples for cooking this dish. But the people, who have tried to do it with red, sweet apples, insist that their dish has also turned out to be very tasty.
- Apples are washed. After that the core is removed and the fruit is cut into relatively large slices. It is better not to peel them, otherwise they can turn into porridge during roasting. And as a result they won’t be so tasty.
- On large slices we should also cut the peeled onions.
- In order to prepare your chicken liver, you should follow the process like this. We heat the vegetable oil in a frying pan.
- We arrange the chicken liver into it and fry it on a strong fire until the liver becomes light and blood stops to release.
- Then put the apples on the liver, reduce the heat and continue to fry for another 4 minutes.
- The last component to be put into the frying pan is onions. After that salt and pepper the dish to your personal taste. Continue to fry until the onions are ready. As a rule, it takes about 6 minutes.
- Step-by-step process of cooking steaks from pork or beef liver will be slightly different (although, in principle, you can cook as well as with chicken liver).
- First of all fry the apple slices in warmed vegetable oil. Then put them into a bowl, cover, so that they remain warm and keep their flavor.
- Onions are cut into thin rings and fried in a small amount of sunflower oil. Pour a teaspoon of sugar. After the sugar has melted, pour a teaspoon of 70% vinegar. Fry the onion until all the liquid has evaporated.
- At the end of the frying, salt the onion to taste, put it on a plate, cover it (with foil if you like) to keep it warm.
- Prepared liver is fried in vegetable oil until it is cooked. As a rule it takes about 4-5 minutes for each side. Salt your dish at the end of its cooking.
- Roasted liver is put into a deep dish and covered. After that let the liver stand for another five minutes: at this time it reaches the requested condition.
- Fried liver is served with apples and onions. You may also decorate it with herbs.
- You may choose absolutely any garnish for this dish.