We are going to present you the recipe of the classic «Azu in Tatar». The secret of its origin comes from ancient Persia. This dish is made from vegetables and meat. By the way, you can take any kind of meat you like. — Horse, lamb or beef, it is up to you to decide.
The only product that can not be used for cooking «Azu in Tatar» is pork meat. In our recipe, we are going to use beef meat.
List of required products:
- sunflower oil — 3 tbsp;
- tomato paste — 1.5 tbsp;
- sweet peas — to your taste;
- beef fillet — 750 gr;
- salt — to your taste;
- tomatoes (medium size) — 4 pcs;
- bay leaf — 2-3 items;
- pickled cucumbers — 3 pieces;
- onion (medium size) — 1 pc.
Begin to cook
- We begin our preparation process from the fillet. It is well washed in running water and died with a paper towel or napkin. Then cut the beef into small rectangular pieces.
- We set a frying pan on the cooker and pour onto it the sunflower oil (2 tablespoons) and turn on the fire then. As soon as the oil is heated well, put the chopped meat into the frying pan and fry it a little. We put fried meat into a saucepan.
- We clean and peel onions. After that cut it into thin plates. Set the frying pan on the cooker and pour the sunflower oil (1 tablespoon) onto it. We turn on the fire. Into the hot oil it is necessary to send the chopped onions and fry them carefully. The prepared onions are sent to the saucepan, to the meat. Pour water into it so that it covers the onions with meat.
- Now we are taking tomatoes. We put them for 3 — 4 minutes in boiling water. After that we take them out and take off the skin. We cut tomatoes with small squares. We place the cut tomatoes to the rest of the products into the deep stewing pan. Pepper and salt to your own taste.
- Cover the deep stewing pan with a lid and put it on the cooker. Turn on a small fire and stew the dish for 40 minutes.
- Cut the pickled cucumbers into small pieces. Add tomato paste to cucumbers and mix well. Put the mixture in the same way into the deep stewing saucepan. Add 2 — 3 bay leaves and cover with a lid, continue to stew for 20-25 minutes.
We think this dish is perfectly combined with fried potatoes or rice. By the way, a few secrets of cooking the perfect fried potatoes can be found on our website.