There are dishes, which are considered to be rather popular all over the world, both in the East and in the West. Duck breast in a spicy sweet glaze is among them. You can prepare it for holiday and for ordinary home evening.
List of required products:
Mind that it is recommended to start cooking 5 hours before serving
- 4 fillet of duck breast on skin;
- 3 cm of fresh ginger root;
- garlic — 2 cloves;
- 2 tbsp. of liquid honey;
- 1 tbsp. of dark soy sauce;
- 1 tbsp. chili sauce;
- 1 tbsp. unrefined peanut butter;
- salt, freshly ground black pepper.
Begin to cook
- Rub ginger and garlic on a grater or chop and grind in a mortar. Mix garlic and ginger with soy sauce, chili sauce, honey, salt and black pepper, added to your taste. Add the oil last. Stir until complete homogeneity.
- Duck breasts should be dried with paper towels. Remove the hanging skin with a sharp thin knife, lightly cut the skin on the breast. With the help of a culinary brush, generously grease each breast with a spicy mixture (leave the remaining mixture). Cover the breasts and fridge them for 4 hours.
- Lay a deep baking tray or a heat-resistant form with foil, place there the components up on their breast. Cover them with the remains of a spicy mixture, put in a preheated up to 195 ° C oven. Bake until golden brown hint appearance. As a rule, it takes from 20 to 35 minutes, depending on the desired degree of roasting duck (the duck can be served with «blood», medium or full roast).
- Cut the breasts across with thin slices and serve them hot or warm.
Tip from experienced cooks
If honey is solid, and candied (and this is normal for any fresh natural honey, from October to November), lightly heat it in a microwave oven or in a water bath so that it flows.