- 1½ pounds flank steak
- ¼ cup oil
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- juice of 1 lime
- chimichurri sauce
- ½ cup cilantro
- ½ cup parsley
- ½ onion, diced
- 1 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- ¼ teaspoon pepper (or to taste)
- 1 tablespoon garlic
- ½ teaspoon Italian blend seasoning
- ½ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- ⅓ cup oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar or apple cider vinegar
- Whisk together marinade ingredients. Combine marinade and steak in a large ziplock bag.
- Seal and chill for 30 minutes, or up to overnight.
- Combine all chimichurri ingredients in a blender or food processor, and pulse until smooth.
- Preheat a an oiled skillet or grill to meidum-high heat. Sear steak for 6-8 minutes on each side until heavily browned on the outside and slightly pink in the middle.
- Thinly slice steak across the grain and serve with chimichurri sauce on top.