Today in our menu there is low-temperature meat with some oriental notes. Preparation is somewhat stretched in time, but it does not require our active participation. That is the reason why many people give their preference to the so called careful baking. You see 15 minutes do not solve anything.
You can safely wait for the guests without worrying that the meat will cool down or vice versa be overfed.
List of required products
- beef (silverside) of humid extracts — 400 g;
- ginger — 6-7 cm (the size of lime);
- Unagi sauce — 4 tbsp.;
- lime juice — 3 tbsp.;
- chili pepper — 1 item;
- olive oil — 3 tbsp.
Begin to cook
- We will start cooking this dish from marinade preparation. For this purpose the ginger should be cleaned and processed on the finest grater, turning it into a juicy gruel. As a result you should have 3 tablespoons of the mixture. After that we have mixed carefully ginger with lime juice, olive oil and unagi (sauce for eel). Unagi is quite thick, so if you want, you can add water, but we are not going to do this. On this stage we recommend you to taste the dish, it should be delicious, namely, sour-sweet …
- We have had a large piece of a moist-seasoned beef silverside (or silverwall), which means «the best part of the beef cut» (or the hamstrings bicep or the autera), and as often happens, this though first-class, but not the most authoritative cut with the cacophonous. We have divided it on the fascia, got a few pieces of flesh, and one of them we have decided to cook immediately.
- Pay attention, this piece contains quite a few thin connective tissues, after all, we have to cut them off. Part of the collagen has already softened due to aging, the rest will go away after baking. So, we have put the meat into a container with a marinade, sprinkled it with chilies from all sides and left it in the fridge for 5 hours.
- During this time, we turned the meat a couple of times, and then we cleared a piece from marinade. After the meat is warmed to room temperature, season it lightly and sealed in a hot wax. Opponents of this manipulation can quietly skip this stage. We put the meat on a baking tray with a grate. Lightly pour with a marinade and sent your meat into the oven heated up to 80C for an hour and a half.
- During this time, 2 more times water the dish with the marinade and leave it to stew for another 20 minutes at t = 50C.
- I don’t want to organize too complicated servings. This dish turns to be so flavorful and appetizing that it could only be solo! We have just poured it with Unagi sauce, sprinkled with spring onion and baked chili.
- Everyone who is familiar with the technique of low-temperature (gentle) baking, knows how juicy and tender meat becomes in the result. It is light pink almost over the whole surface of the cut with a minimal gray border.
- Just look — there are no any collagen veins! For incomplete two hours of slow baking, they all safely disappeared!
Helpful advice for you
Unagi sauce can be replaced with oyster one, they are similar in consistency and base components, but unagi is sweeter than salted and gives the products interacting with it, light smoked notes. Both sauces are ideal for thick caramel marinades.
Some notes for you
Beef of moist soaking is particularly suitable for this method of preparation, and preparatory pickling raises all of its virtues to an excellent degree.