We present you a recipe for a dish for children’s menu, which is usually eaten immediately and as it is said for both cheeks.
These meatballs are a fairly satisfying dish, which can be served to boiled vermicelli, as well as for pasta or potatoes. Diversify the menu of your children with these flavored and spicy meatballs. Be sure, they will be delighted.
List of required products
- 400 g of beef;
- 80 g of rice;
- 1 egg;
- 100 g of onions;
- 130 g carrots;
- 720 g white cabbage;
- 12 g of wheat flour;
- 150 g of butter;
- 20 g of vegetable oil;
- 35 grams of tomato paste;
- 200 g sour cream;
- 1 tablespoon of salt;
- 2 bay leaves.
Begin to cook
- First of all we should pass beef and onions through a meat grinder.Do it twice, please, for better result.
- Boil rice and combine it with minced meat.We beat the egg, salt and mix it to the state of uniformity.
- Sprinkle the work surface with flour.We form meatballs with small balls and we pour them in flour.
- After that it is time to preheat the oven up to 190 degrees Celsius.We take the form for baking and put our hedgehogs in it. Then we send them to the oven until the moment when they will get crust.
- Now let’s make the sauce.Using a grater we rub carrots on a middle fraction. Then finely chop the onion. Then we send the prepared vegetables to the heated frying pan with vegetable oil and fry. Add the tomato paste and stew for about 7-10 minutes.
- We divide the passerings into two equal parts.Into one of them we add sour cream and stew until boiling condition. Then pour this sauce on our hedgehogs and bake for another 20-30 minutes.
- Cut cabbage with thin straws and place into a saucepan.Fill with broth or water, season with vegetable oil and stew until it is half cooked. Then add the sauce, which is left, put the bay leaf and bring it to readiness. You should take 10-12 minutes for this. Ready garnish is poured with melted butter.
- We serve it with hedgehogs. Usually 2-3 pieces will be enough for one portion. If desired, sprinkle your dish with chopped herbs.