Only tender meats microwave well. Use rump steak, cut across the grain into small thin slices . Flour the meat, then mix in all ingredients. Microwave on full power for 20 minutes.
- 25 g plain flour
- 1/4 tsp mustad powder
- 1 tbsp paprika
- salt and pepper
- 575 g stewing or braising steak, cut into cubes
- 3 tbsp oil
- 2 onions, sliced into rings
- 1 red pepper, deseeded and sliced
- 1 green pepper, deseeded and sliced
- 450 g tomatoes, peeled and quartered
- 600 ml beef stock
- 150 ml soured cream
- 1 tbsp chopped parsley to garnish
- Mix together the flour, mustard, paprika, salt and pepper and toss the meat cubes into the mixture.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan and cook the cubes of meat until brown on all sides.
- Transfer to a casserole . Gently fry the onions and peppers in the remaining fat until soft , and add to the casserole with the tomatoes and beef stock.
- Mix the ingredients together well. Cover the casserole with a lid and cook in a moderate oven for 2-2 1/2 hours or until the meat is tender.
- Pour the soured cream over the meat and serve immediately , garnished with chopped parsley.