Dear friends, many of you probably have had a perfectly normal question, like what the strange name this dish has. We will tell you about it. Don’t worry, please. It has a long and very amazing history. For the first time this delicacy was prepared in the distant Georgian village, which was called «Chkmeri».
If you try to find it in the social network of the Internet, you will not find it because it is called «Shkmeri» in fact. The dish, which is being presented by us, has excellent taste qualities. It also has a remarkable flavor. The basis for its preparation is the addition of a creamy sauce. This meat has a rather interesting serve manner. To the table it is given in a frying pan. Together with this dish, you need to serve Armenian lavash. It should be dipped into cream sauce and eat with meat. Do not be afraid to risk and cook such a yummy thing. Treat yourself and your family!
List of required products
- garlic — 5 cloves;
- water — 3 tablespoons;
- chicken seasoning (you can replace it with khmeli-suneli);
- chicken or chicken parts — 800 grams;
- salt — to your taste;
- butter — 50 grams;
- cilantro — 1 bunch;
- cream (only 10%) — 100 ml.
Begin to cook
- 1. First of all, we take chicken (or chicken parts). Mind that you need to be washed thoroughly by using cold water. We take the knife and cut it across the chest. We arrange and wrap with food polyethylene. This must be done in order to keep your kitchen clean, when you are beating meat. The parts of the chicken shouldn’t come in different directions.
- Take the special beating hammer and begin to beat it.
- We recommend you to cook this dish in a frying pan made of cast iron. Use this dish if you have one.
- Roast the chicken not in vegetable oil, but in butter. During frying, place something heavy on the chicken. It should be used like a press. We advise you to put on a plate of refractory material onto the meat, and on it a pan in which you have to pour water.
- You have to fry chicken for about 15 minutes, placing a press on it, at the same time the fire should be small. When the chicken is roasted for the specified time, it needs to be turned over to the other side and, after pressing down, fry for another 10 minutes. After that we reduce the fire to a minimum state and continue the frying for 20 minutes. During this time the chicken must be turned over several times.
- Do not spend your time in vain and frying the meat we are preparing sauce. In order to do this, take a knife, chop the garlic and coriander. Combine two products. Salt and pepper. Put this mixture into a mortar and grind it well. We pour water and cream there. Stir everything carefully. This completes the sauce preparation!
- Pierce the chicken with a knife in several places. If from the obtained cuts there is no blood allocation, then your meat is ready.
- As soon as the meat begins to acquire a golden crust, pour the sauce over it. Cover with lid and continue to stew for 15 minutes.
- Do not wait for the dish to cool, serve it on the table! But do not forget to put green to decorate the dish.