Turkey shish kebab is an excellent idea for those who do not want to get a lot of calories and at the same time adore to eat something delicious. The matter is that turkey meat contains a lot of protein and a little fat. If compared with pork or beef, shish kebab from turkey meat has more sophisticated taste. Therefore, you will not regret if you try to diversify the summer menu with this dish.
The shish kebab is very juicy and tender. Some people prefer shish kebab from the turkey hips. However, please, be careful with turkey fillet, as during frying, you can dry the meat. Don’t worry, as we are going to tell you how to avoid it. And we recommend you to experiment with marinade, depending on taste preferences. Some people likes spicy, other give preference to sour, but always there are those, who adore sweet. Do not be afraid to add ingredients to taste! But do not overdo it!
What products to take:
- turkey (fillets or thighs) — 2 kg.;
- onion — 0.5 kg.;
- dry wine (better white) -1 glass;
- lemon or lime — 0,5 item;
- black pepper — 0.5 tsp.;
- red chili pepper — 0,25 tsp.;
- Curry, basil, zira — per 0.25 tsp each.
- vegetable oil — 50 gr.;
- salt — to taste.
Begin to cook
- Cut the fillet with the same medium pieces. This is very important step to be followed, as all the pieces should be ready at the same time.
- Add the vegetable oil to the meat and mix everything carefully.
- We leave it for ten to fifteen minutes.
- In the meantime, we are preparing marinade for shish kebab.
- Onion is cut into large rings. Press them down lightly, making sure that the rings remain complete.
- Squeeze the juice of lemon or lime.
- Add spices.
- Pour a glass of dry wine and mix.
- Pour the turkey meat with the prepared marinade.
- We mix everything thoroughly again.
- Leave your future dish for two hours on the table. Don’t forget to cover with a film.
- Then put into the fridge for 9-12 hours.
- The next day we fry the pieces on the grill. Make the low fire as your meat should be fried well. We do not forget to turn the skewers in the process and pour the marinade as often as it is possible.
How to make it so that the turkey shish kebab does not turn out to be dry? First of all, you need to salt the shish kebab in the process of frying, and in no case before! In addition, mind that the vegetable oil prevented turkey meat from drying out. Bon appetit and have a nice day!
Shish kebab is ready!